Totem benvenuti

ENGLISH


Welcome.
Here some notable dates in the history of this church:
in 1098, Pope Urban II transfers the relics of the Palermo martyrs Mamilian, Eustotius, Proculus, Golbodeus, and Nympha to this location;
in 1101, Pope Paschal II restores, adorns, and consecrates the church;
in 1143, Pope Innocent II undertakes further restoration works;
in 1603, Pope Clement VIII enriched the church with frescoes and reduces the bell tower by two tiers;
in 1715, architect Matteo Sassi (1646-1723) enhances the facade and transforms the interior;
in 1726, Pope Benedict XIII entrusts the church to the Christian Doctrine Fathers (Docrinaries), and two years later, personally consecrates its seven altars;
in 1869, the Docrinaries commission significant restoration works by Architect Francesco Azzurri (1831-1901) and painters Cesare Mariani and Ercole Ruspi.
The visit begins in the left aisle of the church, where the 18th century painting “The Martyrdom of St. Erasmus” (by G. Prinotti,) is displayed.
In the first chapel, “The Flagellation of Jesus” (by G.B. Van Loo, 1684-1744).
In the second chapel, the wooden crucifix (attributed to Pietro Cavallini, 1250-1330), venerated by St. Bridget of Sweden, and the painting “Maria Auxilium Christianorum” (S. Parrocel).
The third chapel displays the painting “Preaching of the Baptist” (G.B. Puccetti); beneath the altar lies the urn containing the relics of St. César de Bus, crafted by Ernesto La Magna (2022).
In the apse, you will find the icon of the Holy Redeemer (12th century).
On the altar:
“Jesus welcomes the children and proclaims the Gospel”;
“Infant Mary welcomed in the temple” (Alfredo Bea 1885-1950);
“The Tabernacle” (1727).
The vault of the central nave is adorned with depictions of six women from the Old Testament (Judith, Esther, Jael, Deborah, Bathsheba, and Abigail).

General House of the Doctrinaries
Maria in Monticelli, 28 – 00186 Rome (Italy)
telephone + 39 06 68802292
www.dottrinari.org

FRANCAIS


Soyez les bienvenus.
Voici quelques dates clés de l’histoire de cette église :
En 1098, le pape Urbain II y transfère les reliques des martyrs palermitains Mamilien, Eustotius, Procule, Golbodeus et Nymphe.

En 1101, le pape Pascal II la restaure, l’embellit et la consacre.
En 1143, le pape Innocent II ordonne de nouvelles restaurations.
En 1603, le pape Clément VIII l’enrichit de fresques et abaisse le clocher de deux niveaux.
En 1715, l’architecte Matteo Sassi (1646-1723) érige la façade et transforme l’intérieur.
En 1726, le pape Benoît XIII la confie aux Pères de la Doctrine Chrétienne (Doctrinaires) et, deux ans plus tard, le même pape consacre en personne ses sept autels.
En 1860, les Pères de la Doctrine Chrétienne font exécuter d’importantes restaurations à l’architecte Francesco Azzurri (1831-1901) et aux peintres Cesare Mariani et Ercole Ruspi.
La visite commence par la nef gauche de l’église qui accueille le tableau du « Martyre de saint Érasme » (de G. Prinotti, XVIIIe siècle).
Dans la première chapelle « La flagellation du Christ » (par J-B. Van Loo, 1684-1744).
Dans la deuxième chapelle, le crucifix en bois (attribué à Pietro Cavallini, 1250-1330) vénéré par sainte Brigitte de Suède et le tableau « Maria Auxilium Christianorum » (É. Parrocel).
Dans la troisième chapelle accueillant le tableau « Prédication de Jean-Baptiste » (G. B. Puccetti), on trouve sous l’autel l’urne réalisée par Ernesto Lamagna (2022) contenant les reliques de Saint César de Bus.
L’abside nous présente l’icône du Très Saint Rédempteur (XIIe siècle).

Sur l’autel :
« Le Christ accueille les enfants et annonce l’Évangile »
« Présentation de Marie enfant au temple » (Alfredo Bea 1885-1950).
« Le Tabernacle » (1727).
La voûte de la nef centrale est décorée de six femmes de l’Ancien Testament (Judith, Esther, Yaël, Débora, Bethsabée et Abigaïl).

Maison généralice des Pères de la Doctrine Chrétienne
28, S. Maria in Monticelli – 00186 Rome (Italie)
téléphone + 39 06 68802292
www.dottrinari.org

PORTUGUÊS


Bem-vindos(as).
Seguem-se algumas datas relevantes da história desta igreja:
Em 1098, o Papa Urbano II transfere de Porto as relíquias dos mártires palermitanos Mamilianus, Eustotius, Proculus, Golbodeus e Ninfa.

Em 1101, o Papa Pascoal II restaura-a, embeleza-a e consagra-a.
Em 1143, o Papa Inocêncio II realiza mais obras de restauro.
Em 1603, o Papa Clemente VIII decora-a com afrescos e reduz a altura do campanário.
Em 1715, o arquiteto Matteo Sassi (1646-1723) ergue a fachada e renova o interior.
Em 1726, o Papa Benedetto XIII entrega-a aos Padres da Doutrina Cristã (Doutrinários) e, passados dois anos, o mesmo papa consagra pessoalmente os sete altares.
Em 1860, os Doutrinários encarregam o arquiteto Francesco Azzurri (1831-1901) e os artistas Cesare Mariani e Ercole Ruspi para realizarem significativas obras de restauro.
O percurso da visita inicia-se na nave à esquerda da igreja onde se encontra o quadro do “Martírio de Santo Erasmo” (de G. Prinotti, século XVIII).
Na primeira capela: “A Flagelação de Cristo” (de Jean-Baptiste Van Loo, 1684-1744).
Na segunda capela: o crucifixo em madeira (atribuído a Pietro Cavallini, 1250-1330) venerado por Santa Brígida da Suécia e o quadro “Maria Auxilium Christianorum” (É. Parrocel).
Na terceira capela: o quadro “Pregação de São João Batista” (G.B. Pucetti), abaixo do altar encontra-se a urna, realizada por Ernesto Lamagna (2022), que contém as relíquias de São César de Bus”.
A abside apresenta a imagem do Santíssimo Redentor (século XII).

No altar:
“Jesus acolhe as crianças e anuncia o Evangelho”
“Apresentação da Virgem Maria” (Alfredo Bea 1885-1950).
“O Tabernáculo” (1727).
O entorno da nave central está decorado com seis mulheres do Antigo Testamento (Judite, Ester, Jael, Débora, Betsabéia, Abigail).

Casa Generalícia dos Padres da Doutrina Cristã
S. Maria in Monticelli, 28 – 00186 Roma (Itália)
telefone + 39 06 68802292
www.dottrinari.org

Iscriviti alla newsletter

Subscribe for the newsletter

Non inviamo spam! Leggi la nostra Informativa sulla privacy per avere maggiori informazioni.
We do not send spam! Read our Privacy Policy for more information